Sunday, May 08, 2016

#AtoZChallenge- Reflections

I read about this challenge when a fellow blogger posted about his participation and shared it on the Indiblogger community. 

The first thing that amused me was how perfect the month of April seemed for the challenge. 30 days minus 4 free Sundays and so yes... one alphabet per day. 

Considering how infrequent my blogging is I decided to let it pass.

Then I saw it again and again while blog hopping. More bloggers were posting about it and suddenly I was curious.


I was intrigued that someone created such a challenge. I was impressed that it has been running for years. Well planned and with hosts and co-hosts and teams. I was nervous that the linky list was growing. I was intimidated there was a theme and thousands were participating. I suddenly realised that there is a big big blogging world out there...outside my corner window. And something was urging me to take a better look.

But my persistent pessimistic gene reminded me that this would turn out to be another unfinished project. To close that window and draw the blinds. That all the others were much better at this. They had all done it before. That they already had 100 plus followers. That I was right- there was no way I could do this. Especially with house chores and kids on vacations and other errands.   

I think I oscillated for a week. And finally signed up on the last day. I nervously posted about my participation and started thinking about a theme.  

Well being a 'new mom' was technically all that I have been doing since the last 6 years... so that decided the theme.

The writing was fun. Somedays were like staring into a brick wall. I felt great if I was done with the post in advance. The time management was challenging. I stuck to my blog visitors and increased my blog visits occasionally. It felt great to post content daily, something I had never done before. And nothing compares to the victory of completing a challenge. 

So amazed by the amount of effort and creativity that bloggers are putting into this. Found so many gems that I am holding on to .. :) Loved it from start to finish.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:56 pm

    Seena, was so much fun to have found you and done this with you. I was on vacation hence the late post! Hugs until next time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need a vacation after the challenge. Great to have to pop back to check. :) And likewise... cannot wait to catch up on your work. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you did decide to participate and that you enjoyed your experience! And I would not have found your delightful blog if it were not for the Challenge. ;)
    Barbara, blogging at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise Barbara, I enjoyed your theme. We cannot travel back in time if it were not for memories.. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so pleased you decided to join the Challenge, Seena. I got to 'meet' you and I loved your daily posts. It brought back a lot of memories. Thank you for the reflections post and I wish you a lovely week. Keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seena I am so glad we all finished the challenge and I found out your blog through this :D
    You have summed up the A to Z journey so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Seena, that reflection was almost exactly what I had in my mind about taking on the challenge! Kudos to all of us first-timers who completed the challenge, phew! I enjoyed reading your blogs and was glad to connect with you. See you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did meet a LOT of great people through the challenge. It is the perfect month, isn't it? Plus, it's before summer when blogging kind of dies down but after the busy holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for dropping by Stephanie. :)

    ReplyDelete