Tuesday, April 26, 2016

#AtoZChallenge - V is for 'Videos'

When I was pregnant with my first child 7 years ago, the two things I had a lot of was time and Internet bandwidth. And so I binged on Netflix and 'How to' videos. 

No, not 'how to give birth' videos. I don't think I can stomach that.
Source: tacticalsurvivaltraining.com

I had my mother coming to help. But I was still nervous and one of the things that reassured me was that I could refer to any of these instructional videos at any time.


How to bathe a baby
How to swaddle a baby
How to put a baby to sleep
How to position while feeding
How to burp a baby
How to anything


I was so impressed. My mother was so impressed. I could find almost anything via my PPA Google and her first cousin YouTube. There were videos by experts, by other moms, some had subtitles, many involved real babies.. and though I never found the time to comment and appreciate the creators then I'd like to say now that they definitely made my journey into motherhood a little more well informed. 

Do you watch instructional videos?

22 comments:

  1. That's really nice na... imagine the days when such info wasn't available.. lucky lot we are! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always watch instructional videos while coding or installing some software... :)
    I've a long time to watch and learn from these videos as I'm young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes coding tutorials are a big help.

      Delete
  3. Sadly for me, I delivered in an era prior to such enlightening videos with easy access! Really it is amazing what a lot of help these videos can be to the frantic new moms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup suddenly you dont feel alone any more.

      Delete
  4. I love instructional videos. My daughters used them for basic childcare tips even though I was around to help! The Power of the Lord Google!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, sadly for me, no youtube when I was a new mum! Bet they make things so much easier, especially when you are parenting without the support of family in a foreign/unknown city/land alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the swaddling I learnt completely from the videos. My mother just could not recollect.

      Delete
  6. There was no internet when I was a young mum - I learned from books and trial and error - sometimes I think our kids were lucky to survive - and the fact they turned into great human beings was an added bonus! Leanne @ cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that proves, we don't need any of these videos. :)

      Delete
  7. Well I guess when its my turn I would surely head for many such videos!
    Cool post :)

    I know I have been off the circuit for a while, need to catch up with your previous posts soon:)
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:28 pm

    I love instructional cooking videos! I've learnt a great deal over the years :)
    Sudha from
    Everyday Muse

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the time on YouTube. We're learning how to make a drought tolerant yard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Instructional videos are the best. I find them especially helpful for cooking. Seeing someone actually make something makes it much easier than just reading a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cooking videos too.. but not when I'm hungry. :)

      Delete
  11. It's nice the way you're sharing tips and stuff for the upcoming mothers! They're so going to eat your head later... #JustSaying :D

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always free to give some free advice! :D

      Delete