Saturday, April 23, 2016

#AtoZChallenge- T is for 'Teething troubles'

Just when you start enjoying your baby's gummy smiles and responses and feel proud that he is beginning to sleep most of the night, the teething nightmare starts.

There's a lot of drooling, sensitivity, pain and crankiness. Some kids have fever, vomiting and mild diarrhea. 

And there is gnawing, chewing and biting. And if you are still breast feeding... you are going to see some stars.



One night when my son was teething, we woke up to a gnawing sound and found him literally chewing on the crib bars. And it was splintering.. that's how sharp those little teeth are. 

There are many that help soothe a teething baby- medication, teething toys, a cold washcloth. A little massage to the sensitive gums also help. For the mothers, we might just need that drink ...and a whole lot of patience - Yes, this too shall pass. 

Legend has it that the Tooth fairy's evil twin is the Teething fairy! (source: Pinterest)  :)

23 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I've seen and experienced this one with both my nieces! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Archana!

      Delete
  2. I am now experiencing teething troubles with two grand babies at the same time. And the doctor says that it's all in my head

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, has the doctor ever had babies? :D

      Delete
  3. Tee-hee, that was too funny, the Tooth fairy's evil twin ;)
    This too shall pass, then there will be new troubles to worry, the older one's will seem...err...child's play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found that hilarious too! Yes the teething will fall into place and the troubles will take new forms!

      Delete
  4. At each phase we think the next one would be better! Great post as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teething troubles seem like a...erm...piece of cake compared to the ones that come in with the permanent teeth... :D Which one is the real evil twin?!

    Nilanjana.
    Ninja Minion, A-Z 2016
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.. thats a good point.. :)

      Delete
  6. If I read it on a blog then I believe it. Evil Twin. It all makes sense now.

    I’m exploring different types of dreams and their meanings.
    T is for Top Ten Dreams
    Stephen Tremp’s Breakthrough Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think babies are really cute at the teething stage, but I am sure parents have a lot of things to deal with when it comes to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do. Thanks for coming by Julia!

      Delete
  8. I remember my cousin when she was a child and how cranky she used to get. Teething is sure a tough time for the baby and for the parents!

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those days are really funny and the babies chew everything they get!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can remember a friend's child gnawing on my finger ALL afternoon one day when he was teething. My finger was raw by the end of it!

    Amanda (from www.amandafleet.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww..I'm sure it was. Thanks for dropping by Amanda.

      Delete
  11. Anonymous11:27 pm

    Aww! the never ending baby troubles :(
    Sudha from
    Everyday Muse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww... and heaven help the parent whose baby begins teething super early.😈😈😈 mine started past8 months

    ReplyDelete
  13. teething and breastfeeding are the worst combination!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww…it never occurred to me that teething could cause such a ruckus! But of course…this too shall pass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teething is terrible! It's no wonder we don't remember those years from when we ourselves were teething!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I believe that legend to be true. I have seen this phase with my brother. It was painful, both for him and us.

    ReplyDelete